CSR & EHS Sustainability Solutions Consulting and Business Development
The Triana Group is building and managing Tennaxia’s sister company in North America. As part of this initiative, a Pre-Recruitment Intern position is opening up to join a small management team at our offices in New York City’s Financial District.
Tennaxia provides management solutions to teams implementing leading-edge Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and Environment Health & Safety (EHS) solutions and business policies. Its combined Consulting + SaaS Software platform produces system-wide data that can be tracked, verified and reported – time and cost efficiently. Based in the EU since 2001, Tennaxia serves 3,000+ customer sites in 70+ countries, across many industrial and service sectors, with nearly 100% client retention. It accompanies corporations and organizations on their committed journey to Corporate and Environmental Responsibility, and/or those facing challenges concerning environmental protection and controlling health and safety risks for their workforce and communities.
About the Position: CSR & EHS Sustainability Solutions Consulting & Business Development
We are seeking a highly effective Master’s in Sustainability or MBA student to expand Tennaxia’s US business. The US business start-up leverages a proven Consulting+SaaS Technology Solution and business track record in Europe. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. We seek to hire an individual who will transition from the Intern role to a full time position with significant upside career and business opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the CSR/Sustainability Management space, EHS, data management systems, start-up and business development strategies.
The intern will work closely with principals to achieve successful start up and expansion of the enterprise in North America. This includes:
- Position company strategically in fast evolving market
- Identify, secure, and manage contract(s) for early US clients
- Develop strategic channel partnerships
- Provide consulting services (per Tennaxia methodology); and/or manage partners to deliver these consulting services
- Evolve the Business Strategy, including opportunities to leverage Lean Launchpad principles
- Possibly build industry initiative as market positioning strategy
1. Market Research — Leverage existing, and continue to gather, organize, and analyze industry data to identify and prioritize
- high leverage market segments,
- strategic sales channel opportunities,
- prospective clients,
- prospective users’ needs,
- competitive forces,
- relevant business models, statistics, financial data.
2. Business Strategy — Participate with principals to design/execute market positioning, product/service offerings, and business development strategy/ies
3. Prepare Presentations — For prospective partners (e.g. major consulting firms), clients (e.g. CSR or Sustainability Executives), and investors (e.g. venture capital, impact investors, strategic investors including the parent company).
4. Engage Business Development/ Consultative Sales
a. Maintain and develop key prospect and contact lists.
- Leverage various sources (internal and external databases, network introductions, direct calls).
- conduct or organize initial telephone interviews for various business development purposes (potential users, sales agents, distributors, channel partners, recruits, detect interest in next-steps).
- Maintain up-to-date records of all ongoing conversations with key contacts, analyze content of interviews, and report back to senior consultant. As needed, help prepare/ perform/ analyze business-to-business surveys.
b. Develop pipeline of prospective new business/sales – from point of contact to contract closing, through a consultative sales process.
c. Deliver or prep and participate in delivery of presentations through the consultative sales cycle.
5. CSR/Sustainability Management Consulting
- a. Learn the Tennaxia Consulting+Tech Solution Methodology
- b. Prepare to Deliver Tennaxia Solution to reference clients as Consultant, or through management of outsourced consultants.
- c. Help Manage Early Client Relationships and Establish Client Management protocols/systems for scalability.
6. Perform other tasks as required.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of CSR and Sustainability Management or EHS Consulting; and Business Consulting
- Strong analytical skills with both qualitative and quantitative data; able to draw conclusions from the analysis, comparison and combination of various data sources. Able to use data and interviews to understand new industries and technologies quickly.
- Interest in, or aptitude for technology/data management systems desired.
- Able to translate goals into action plans and work independently towards the assigned goal. Must have strong organizational skills. Able to adapt to heavy workload as needed, able to multi-task and to adjust to urgent projects as required. Must be reliable and must have uncompromising work ethics. Must have a “can-do” attitude, willing to learn and find solutions independently, to progress and to achieve goals regardless of difficulties and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in-person, via e-mail and by phone.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint) and online software.
- Degree in business administration or relevant field. Well-rounded training in the various dimensions of business.
- Capacity, aptitude, or experience in business-to-business consultative sales. Track record in operational marketing, or channel management a plus. Experience or practical education preparing marketing plans (including market assessment, sales projections, operational marketing plan – targeting/ positioning/ product – pricing – promotion – distribution plans/ budgeting and forecasts); experience with lean launchpad or preparing agile business development strategies a plus.
- Native-English a must.
The position is based in Manhattan. No relocation. US citizenship or green card is required. Intern receives stipend and bonus opportunity. Subsequent employment opportunity is possible.
We seek immediate start for Summer and beyond.
Submit Resume w/ Subject Heading “Tennaxia Internship” in the column located on the right of this offer.