Business Development Associates – Healthcare, Technology
To support senior business development consultants in their day-to-day responsibilities, we are looking for two entry-level Business Development Associates with a focus on Healthcare and Technology, respectively. These positions start with a paid Trainee phase, leading to employment opportunities for the right candidates with demonstrated potential for professional development and growth.
Business Development Associates Responsibilities
- Collect, organize, and perform initial data analysis about industries and market segments (identify sales channel opportunities, assess users’ needs, review competitive forces, analyze business models, statistics, financial data). Keep all supporting documentation in order. Prepare summarized presentations and reports.
- Maintain and develop key contacts lists through various sources (internal and external databases, network introductions, direct calls), conduct or organize initial telephone interviews for various business development purposes (potential users, sales agents, distributors, channel partners, recruits, detect interest in next-steps). Maintain up-to-date records of all ongoing conversations with key contacts, analyze content of interviews, and report back to senior consultant. As needed, help prepare/ perform/ analyze business-to-business or business-to-consumer surveys.
- Perform other tasks as required, including tasks pertaining to our firm’s day-to-day operations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must demonstrate strong interest in and knowledge of the Healthcare/ Technology (respectively for each position) sector environment, operations, emerging business models and trends affecting providers/ payers/ institutional/ technology innovators.
- Strong analytical skills with both qualitative and quantitative data; able to draw conclusions from the analysis, comparison and combination of various data sources. Able to use data and interviews to understand new industries and technologies quickly.
- Able to translate goals into action plans and work independently towards the assigned goal. Must have strong organizational skills. Able to adapt to heavy workload as needed, able to multi-task and to adjust to urgent projects as required. Must be reliable and must have uncompromising work ethics. Must have a “can-do” attitude, willing to learn and find solutions independently, to progress and to achieve goals regardless of difficulties and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in-person, via e-mail and by phone. Excellent proficiency with Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint) and online software. Native-English a must.
- Degree in business administration. Substantial marketing training a must (with emphasis on qualitative and quantitative studies, and sales) with well-rounded training in the various dimensions of business. Clinical training and/or healthcare management experience a plus.
- One post-bachelor’s (Technology) and one post-master’s (1-to-2-year pre-master’s professional experience preferably in Healthcare).
- Fledgling internship experience relevant to business-to-business sales, operational marketing, or channel management a plus. Demonstrated training or experience preparing marketing plans (including market assessment, sales projections, operational marketing plan – targeting/ positioning/ product – pricing – promotion – distribution plans/ budgeting and forecasts); experience preparing business plans a plus.
- The positions based in Manhattan. No relocation. US citizenship or green-card required.
- Trainee positions receive stipends and bonuses. Subsequent employment options include attractive compensation structure and benefits for the right candidate.
- Available immediately.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.